Check out this video of actress/comedian Monique showing you an easy way to open up a young green coconut to get the nutrient-dense water out of it for super healthy benefits.
Coconut water, not to be confused with coconut milk, is the clear liquid inside the very young (green) coconuts. Fresh young coconuts are typically harvested from the tree while they are green when they are about 5 to months old. Coconut’s delicious water is composed of several nutrients as simple natural sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, and cytokine.
Here are 7 science-based health benefits of coconut water below:
1. Natural source of electrolytes
2. May support healthy circulation, PH levels, and detoxification response
3. May support healthy PH levels
4. Support the transportation of nutrients & oxygen to cells
5. Contains minerals like potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, and phosphorous
6. May support proper hydration of the body and healthy lipid levels
7. Reducing kidney & urethral stones